Here are some of the criteria developed at the 2007 DDC Researcher and Practitioner meeting to guide our decisions on how to allocate funding:
1) Relevance for both researchers & practitioners;
2) Resonance with larger audiences (media, decision-makers, public);
3) Practicality and cost-effectiveness, given the limited available funding OR how the project will fit as part of a larger effort (how will it help leverage other resources?)
4) Value as the basis for further innovations in research and practice; and
5) Potential application in many countries.